Saturday, February 2, 2013

More Than Meets the Mind: Robot Therapist -- Episode 3: Mirage (Autobot)



MIRAGE: The thing I remember most about Charon is how little I wanted to answer that distress call.

Cosmos was the one who picked up the signal. There was no way he could get there in time, so he forwarded to us.

And I know it’s wrong to say this, but…I really didn’t want to go.

Yeah, I know. “Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.” I don't know. Some beings are more sentient than others, as far as I'm concerned. But that aside…

There was no way we were going to get there in time to save anyone. As a planet, Charon had no strategic importance. The best we could hope to do is put a hurtin’ on some Decepticons after the fact while not getting killed ourselves.

And let me tell you, fighting gets old after a while. It’s one thing to protect you and yours. But defending every other race in the universe…I mean, when is somebody going to defend US? It sounds bad, but just one time, wouldn’t it be okay to let these planets fight their own battles? Why us? Why us ALL THE TIME?

You’d think it gets easier with time, but I find it the opposite. Every time I go into battle, I keep thinking: is this the one I’m not coming back from?

I did not want to answer that distress call.

The scary part is, I looked over at Huffer and I knew he was thinking the exact same thing.

In the end, I think, that’s why we went.

We were ashamed not to.



No comments:

Post a Comment